Moving with kids is a peculiar, and sometimes very problematic, task even more complex than what is typically expected from a domestic removal. That is why you need to be prepared. There are several things that you need to have in mind when attempting to do such a thing, but don’t worry – they are not as scary as they may sound at first.
The things to do in order to have a stress-free home removal with your kids
There are several points to be made in respect of your upcoming relocation, so just have them in mind when planning and preparing for the job:
- No matter how stressed and worried you are about your moving day, be sure that your kids are going through a much tougher time. Removals are hard on children, and considering that you care about your offspring’s well-being, you will need to focus your attention to them.
- What kids are most worried about when they are moving to live to an entirely unknown place is that they are going to lose touch with their social environment. A new school, their friends being too far away and not being familiar with this particular new location are all problems of a really large scale for them. Thus you will need to make them realise you are there for them. Unfortunately that alone would not be enough. Do whatever is necessary to help them stay in touch with their friends and accommodate them at best.
- A good way to alleviate the pressures of the upcoming domestic relocation is to get your children involved in the process as much as possible. This will definitely get them excited about the whole ordeal. You can let them pack a part of their own stuff, or let them choose how to decorate and arrange their new room.
- A promise of an adventure that they have been looking forward to in a while, once the removal in over, can very well turn out to be the best strategy to keep the excitement level high enough. It all depends on what your kid loves. It may be a trip to a faraway place, or to the zoo, or a play park. You are the person who knows them the best, so you will know what they would like. Just remember that you will need to keep your promise once you make it.
- Communication is vital. Talk openly about the change and make an effort to stimulate your kids to tell you exactly what is worrying them.
Do not forget that you can always get help
The key to a successful removal is finding the right moving company to assist you with every stage of the process. We at London’s Swifts have very good strategies for moving with children implemented in all our domestic removal services and we will be more than happy to stay by your side at all times, so do not hesitate to get in touch with us.